Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Little Lumberjack - Product Closeup, Layout and Card Set

Hello! Karla back today with a product closeup - giving you a look at the awesome Little Lumberjack collection from Echo Park, which is new in the Scrap Shotz Store! This collection has an awesome plaid, wood, nature theme with black, brown, cream, gray and red colours, and you will not run out of scrappy ideas to use it for. Further down in the post you'll see a 12x12 Layout I created as well as a Card Set with these products. First off let's have a look at all the fun goodies that are available. Keep in mind, this is not a kit, but you can combine whatever elements of this collection you want!


Here's a look at the video where you can see all these fun elements up close!


Now, let's have a look at a few projects I created! First, I made a layout about the time my youngest daughter brought the class teddy bear home for a weekend adventure. What better papers and stickers could you find for this?!! I used the new December Creative Scrapbooker Sketch to create a grid layout design and layered on patterned paper and a 4x4 cut apart image from the 12x12 Collection Pack over the coordinating 12x12 cream solid


I used some antique linen distress oxide ink to sponge on some little footprints from the Animal Track Stencil trailing down the layout. I found the red outline letter stickers in my stash and combined them with the 'bear cub' sticker and 'adventure awaits' frame ephemera to create a unique title. 


After I layered my photos on using the sketch as a guide I filled in the open areas with various elements from the papers and ephemera packs. I added several clusters of the coordinating enamel dots around the page. I'm definitely seeing enamel dots making a comeback, and I love how they look!


Since I used so many photos on this page I decided to number each one and write a corresponding note in my journaling so we would remember all Barnaby's adventures.


Both girls had a lot of fun playing with Barnaby, and it was great to get these photos out and share those memories again!


Next, I used the 6x6 Paper Pad, stickers (from the 12x12 pack), chipboardephemera packs & enamel dots  to create four fabulous masculine cards. The 6x6 pad has all the wonderful patterns that are in the 12x12 pack, but on a smaller scale - perfect for cardmaking! 


I cut my cardbases from 8 1/2" x 11" cardstock, cut in half and then folded in half again to create four A2 sized cards. I even let my 8 year old choose the papers and stickers, since everything coodinates so well, but I drew the line at placing all the stickers inside the card, lol.


I used some foam tape to give a little dimension and added some fun layers.


This wood slice paper is gorgeous! 


I even got some inspiration from the Pagemaps card sketches - a great place to start if you need ideas on where to place elements of your design.


I am really loving plaids right now - this collection combines so many wonderful elements! 


Thanks so much for stopping by! Be sure to check out the Little Lumberjack collection in the Scrap Shotz Store, and don't forget you can always find fun new things in the shop HERE by clicking on the most recent date on the left side of the screen. I hope you have a fun and crafty week, and I will be back on Friday with another project using this wonderful collection!


No comments: