Monday, December 30, 2019

Christmas Scrapbooking with the December Kit

Hello! Karla back today with two cute layouts using the awesome December 2019 Kit featuring the gorgeous Kaisercraft Starry Night collection. I love when the busyness of Christmas settles down and I can relax, get my photos out and enjoy scrapping all those wonderful pics and memories! For these two layouts I'm using some super adorable pics of my niece and nephew. We didn't get to see them in person over the holidays, but it was so nice to get photos and see cute videos of them opening their gifts. I love that the neutrals in this kit allow you to use any photos and add whatever colour you want! For my first layout I chose this sepia toned photo, which I knew would go perfectly with the pops of gold in the kit.


I started off by cutting a piece of the gold foiled poinsettia paper down to 10x10" and layering it on a piece of the black Bazzil cardstock included in the kit. I layered my photo (matted on white) on this black and gold bubbly paper. BTW, I can totally see using this for New Years too!


Next I glued down my matted photo and added a sentiment from the 12x12 sheet of sentiment cut aparts to the left of the layout. I cut one of the ephemera poinsettias included in the kit and added it to the top of the sentiment and then layered on one of the pretty round glass Curio embellishments to create a little cluster.


Next, I cut a tag and layered it above and below the photo and then cut apart a foiled gold ephemera swirl and added it to either side of the tag. The twine included in the kit was such a nice touch to add to the sweet bauble ornaments, and I added the rest of that poinsettia I cut near the top of the tag. 


I added the 'love' sticker from the Christmas Word Thickers add on package under the photo and used a gold marker to colour in the wooden tree from the package of wood flourishes in the kit.


I finished off this layout with a wooden 25 coloured with an ink pad and some shiny sequins from my stash along with some handwritten journaling to document my memories!


For the second layout I created I used the Starry Night Acrylic Stamp Set which is a coordinating add-on you can purchase in the shop. This is the first time I used Kaisercraft stamps and I was really impressed with the quality and how nicely they stamped! I wanted to focus on the bright outfits these two cuties were wearing, and I was really happy with how this turned out.


I started off by layering on two of the patterned branding strips on the top and bottom of a sheet of white Bazzil cardstock from the kit. I then added a strip of sweet gold foiled reindeer from the 12x12 paper full of cut apart border strips. I used a plate and pencil to create a round guide to start stamping my wreath on.


I stamped the evergreen bough stamp roughly around my circle using four different colours of green ink. It's not a perfect circle, but I was totally ok with that. This is handmade after all 😉 I honestly can't wait to use these stamps on some cards for next year too!


Next I used red ink to stamp just the berries from the holly stamp onto the wreath as well as stamp two trees directly on the cardstock. I did stamp on the side of the cardstock that was more smooth than textured and it worked beautifully! I created some basic paper layers with leftover scraps of my paper from the first layout and glued it to the center of the wreath. 


I decided I needed one more accent for my wreath so I grabbed some pink and red inks and simply rubbed them on some white cardstock. 


I stamped over the inked background with the poinsettia stamp and black ink creating a variegated look, which I love! I added some gold stone Nuvo drops to the center of the flower and tucked a banner in from the gold foiled ephemera pack. 


I used the Christmas Word Thickers add on pack, which you can pick up separately in the shop, again to add a title and glued on some sequins from my stash.


I added a wooden tree from the wood flourishes pack in the kit, coloured with a red ink pad, and the gold holly leaves and berries from the Christmas Thickers pack.


If you missed it, you can find the December 2019 Kit Reveal Post HERE with VIDEO where you can see all these beautiful elements close up!




Thanks so much for stopping by! Be sure to head over to the Scrap Shotz Store to check out this beautiful new KIT, and don't forget you can always find new goodies HERE. Hope you all have a very Happy New Years and I'll be back in January for more fun projects using this kit!


No comments: