Thursday, December 3, 2009

The 12 Days of Christmas

If your household is anything like mine, these next few days and weeks leading up to Christmas will be brimming with activity, laughs, smiles, anticipation and endless to-do lists! If you were planning to put some special handmade touches to your Christmas preparations but just weren't sure how you would find extra hours in the day, I've got just the thing for you :-) For 12 days in December, the Design Team will be inspiring you with a diverse set of projects that are quick and easy, yes, I said quick and easy to make. We are going to show you how to make items in 30 minutes or less (move over Rachel Ray!!!) with supplies your already have on hand. We may be sharing a favourite family recipe; I love tried and true...or we may show you how to use something you have in a different way. All I can say is, join me for this fun ride!

Let's start the 12 Days of Christmas inspiration with my Day 1 project - simple, elegant placecards to adorn your table.


In lieu of the traditional tent style placecards, I chose a landscape orientation for my placecard. Inside the placecard, I included a personal wish for each recipient. Here is a close-up of the front. The message is on the inside.


Supplies: Bazzill cardstock, Dazzlers flowers, My Minds Eye pattern paper, American Crafts thickers.

Are you inspired??? Please leave me a comment. Last week's blog winner will be announced tomorrow!

11 comments:

Ellen said...

Great idea V!! love the landscape idea of the place card~!

Liz said...

I'm inspired!! I think I am making placecards this year!!

Lorraine said...

I love the beautiful bright colors, V! Great job!

Jess said...

Awesome project! Your table will be fabulous this year!

AmberT said...

These are so pretty, such nice colors! Great idea doing the place card with messages written inside!

Tanya C said...

Love how you made them landscape instead - just adds such a neat change

Anonymous said...

These are really cute! I like that they can be custom done to suit each person..great job!

Anonymous said...

I love this idea V... thanks for sharing.. what a great idea.. I am hosting my first Christmas Dinner this year with 13 people.. and this way people will know where they are sitting..
Laurie
(Wally)

Heather M. said...

these are wonderful, v!

Wendance Designs said...

Great idea, V!!!

Dot said...

think I'll take this idea and apply it to my LO of each one with their Xmas gifts. Never thought of using placecards for that. Wonderful colors, V.