Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The 12 Days of Christmas - Day 10

I have been loving these 12 Days of Christmas inspiration; haven't you? Today we have a darling idea from Denise...

Do you spend a lot of time packaging up home made goodies to give as gifts during the holiday season? I do, because chocolates, almond bark and other goodies make wonderful little hostess gifts. This cute little project will package up your goodies beautifully and show off your hard work at the same time.

This pillow box is made out of acetate and is so simple to make. Start by getting a pillow box template. You can google this and find a number of templates in various sizes so choose one that will suit your individual needs.

Print the template on printer paper. Lay your acetate over the printed template and use a sharpie-type marker to trace the template onto the acetate. Cut the template out and use a tool such as a stylus to “score” the lines that need scoring (your template should explain this.)

I used a circle cutter or strong hole punch to cut half a circle out of one end flap on each side to facilitate easier opening. Adhere sticky strip or other very strong adhesive to the tabbed portion of the template and adhere (I like to put my sticky strip on the outside of the tab and adhere it to the other side so that the tab is now on the inside of the box. Fill your box with goodies and add ribbons and embellies as desired. Here I’ve used some snowflake ribbon and a chipboard snowflake which I painted white and then added dazzling diamonds glitter on top while the paint was still wet. I then added a labeler sticker and a glitter alpha from December’s kit.

***It is very difficult to get nice pictures of clear objects but believe me when I say this looks really good IRL!

I think it looks stunning Denise...and you can give me a gift any time! What do you guys think??? Please leave Denise a comment.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really like this. It's a great idea for a hostess gift. Great job!

Anonymous said...

oh wow these are really nice... what a great idea
Laurie
(wally)

AmberT said...

That is a really great project! It's so nice to be able to see what's inside the package!

Jess said...

It's so beautiful! And those snowflakes look delicious too!

"The real" MarthaSue said...

Really cute :)