Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The 12 Days of Christmas - Day 7

We have a real treat today from Jess...today we will be making an adorable pop up gift card holder!



Here is the

Supply List-
Cardstock (
CS)
Patterned Paper
Glue dots
Bone folder or scoring blade
Embellishemnts


First cut your CS to 4" X 7" and score at 3.5"

Cut your pp to 4.5" X 8" and score at 3.75"


Next cut two slits in your folded CS at 1.5" and 2.5", about 3/8" deep


Fold the flap over both sides to make a good crease, and then open up the CS and "pop out" the part you cut out.


Adhere the CS to the inside of the pp. I find it easiest to adhere one side and then fold the card shut to make sure it will fit correctly.



Add your gift card to the flap using a glue dot... the gift card will "pop" out when you open the holder!


I think you'll agree with me that this is an adorable project! Do let Jess know what you think too in our comments section!

14 comments:

Ellen said...

that is adorable!! Love the snowflake paper!!! what a great idea, I'm going to have to make some of these~

Lorraine said...

Cute card, Jess! And I have a gift card that needs a holder! TFS!

Heather M. said...

that is super, super cute!!

Tanya C said...

wow this is adorable! I wish I was giving some gift cards this year

maggir fernandes said...

That is a wonderful project Jess!

Dot said...

Love the bright pop of red on the outside of your card. Cute way to present a gift card.

Anonymous said...

They are so cute I made them for my daughter's teacher's gift card. Timing couldn't have been better!

Marianne

Anonymous said...

ok.that just rocks! great job!

rubyvm said...

I LOVE this project. I will try to try one of these. Great work.

Kelly said...

Super cute, Jess!

Jess said...

Thanks girls! I made quite a few of these... love how the card pops up! LOL

Amber T said...

This is really really cool Jess! What a great presentation for a gift card!

MidniteScrapper said...

Great idea, I think I will have to add this to my "to-do" list, I have two gift cards to give away this year! Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

I am going to be making some of these wow how cute
Laurie
(wally)