**Feel free to mix up the colours to suit your project.***
To construct the easel card,
1. Cut one piece of green cardstock 5” x 10”
2. Score at 5” and 2.5”
3. Cut a red piece of cardstock 5” x 5”
4. Cut a piece of patterned paper for the front – 4 ½ “ x 4 ½ “
5. Cut a piece of patterned paper for the inside – 4 ¾ “ x 4 ¾”
To assemble the easel card,
1. Position the green cardstock in front of you with the 5” edge along the bottom.
2. Bring the 2.5” fold towards you.
3. Then bring the 5” fold towards you. This will make a long base with a triangular fold on top.
5. Glue the 4 ½” x 4 1/2 “ piece of pattern paper on top of the red piece of cardstock.
6. Embellish how you wish – I used a magnolia stamp and a nestabilities scalloped circle with a journaling spot from the December kit to stamp the Merry Christmas.
7. Take the finished front and attach to the smallest fold – the 2 ½” edge, ensuring that both bottom edges are flush to each other. Glue only this front fold of your base to the bottom half of your front piece.
8. Glue remaining patterned paper piece onto the green to create your base, or inside of card.
9. Attach a button with a glue dot about center so that when you stand up your easel card, it will not slide forward.
10. This card can easily fold flat for mailing!!!
Here is the finished card! Isn't it beautiful???
Don't forget to tell Wendy how much you love her card in the comments section! Oh did I happen to mention that the blog winner for last week is.....
Tammy (aka tampatha)??? Please contact Sandy or myself to make arrangements to claim your prize! Congratulations!