Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Valentines and Wood Grains

Happy Wednesday everyone! And yes you read that title right. Hearts and wood grains do go together! Hope you have your coffee ready so you can sit back and relax because I have a few projects for you today! A tag, some Valentines and a pendant!

I am going to start with the tag that I used the Modascrap Wood Effect paper on first. Love the weathered, aged look of this paper and the different colours too.

I also used some of the new Distress Oxides in Bundled Sage and Gathered Twigs, all the new colours are in the store now! I used the Gathered Twigs to stamps the border and sentiment from the Wendy Vecchi set onto the Modascrap Wood Effect paper.

I layered the coloured wood effect paper over a large tag, and used Black Soot to edge the whole thing. I then took a piece of cardboard and ripped some of it off to show the insides and then used the Distress Oxides on that piece as well, again edged in Black Soot. In my stash I has some denim pieces from a TH package, so I inked that too. This one was a bit messy I loved it. I used the TH Scroll die and the wood effect paper to add another layer to my tag. I also did a quick pass on the edges of my sentiment piece with my scissors ( I don't have the fancy tool for that one) and edged in Black Soot. 

Just a different angle of the bottom of the tag where you can see the paper I used with all the colours in it.

And in this one you can see the inked denim piece layered behind.This piece a attached flat because it was adhesive backed, everything else I used pop dots.

The finished tag! Isn't the coloured weathered wood paper fantastic?

I love the Hello Sweetheart Collection from Carta Bella. So great to make some quick Valentines for boys or girls. I don't even really do Valentine's Day but I have a few more ideas so I just might have to find some folks to send them too! :)

All the top cards are parts of the cut apart page in the kit, I layered them on the Modascrap Wood Effect papers and added some of the pretty Pink Flambe Nuvo Mousse for some shimmer.

Just love the shimmer from the Nuvo Mousse and with all the small stickers in the collection I was able to create my own little border to add some colour to a black and white card.






And three Valentine cards completed.

Thanks for hanging in there everyone!! I promise this is the last one! I super quick and cute pendant using a small 1 inch punched out circle from the Hello Sweetheart paper and a couple of the stickers from the set. For the pendant I used a bottle cap embellishment I had in my stash.

I ran the bottle cap through my Big Shot to flatten it, used my old beat up cutting pads, not my new purple glitter ones! I then used my anywhere punch and hammer and popped a small hole in the edge of the cap for the jump ring. I placed the cut out circle and stickers in the pendant and I used Glossy Accents to fill it (one day I'm going to use resin). Just make sure there are no air bubbles, pop with a pin if you need too and let it set over night.


Love the small sizes in the sticker set that could be used to do a couple of little pendants like this.

Whew!! That was alot of reading for you all! I hope you liked the projects and are inspired to give some of these collections a try.  Make sure you keep coming back, because we have th new kit releasing soon!! And a new layout to use! February is going to be fun!

Have a great week!


1 comment:

Rosie said...

Fabulous projects Cathy! I LOVE that wood paper :)