Friday, January 19, 2018

January Kit Release - Project #2 from Julia

Hello & welcome back for day 2 of my January Kit reveal projects.

Today I have 3 cards that I made using products from this months kit and add-on's 
available at Scrap Shotz online store.


I used the brand new Baked Texture line of embossing powders from Seth Apter & Emerald Creek Craft Supplies. Watch for these embossing powders to be available at Scrap Shotz very soon!

~~~Make Everyday Your Best Day~~~
For the above card I used Patina Oxide, Dirty Sand, and Ancient Amber embossing powders.
Click below for the step-by-step tutorial video for the above card.


~~~Do Awesome Things Everyday~~~
1. To create the background for this card I first took the Stenciled Words stencil from the January kits and applied embossing ink with the Emboss-It Dabber. 
2. Next, after I removed the stencil, I sprinkled Ancient Amber Embossing Powder over the ink and heat set. 
3. I used the Charcoal Kaiser Mist to add some ink marks to the background.

~~~Do More Of What Makes You Happy~~~
1. I dry embossed my paper with the Riveted Metal Texture Fade from Tim Holtz & Sizzix.
2. I used my Ranger Emboss-it Dabber to coat my embossed paper before generously sprinkling the entire surface with Chunky Rust Embossing Powder. After pouring off the excess |I used a small brish to remove some the embossing powder from the edges before heat setting.
3. After heat setting I used a sanding block to expose some of the raised image.

Thank for dropping by today! Watch for more inspiration from the rest of the design team using the January Kit.


Products Used:

Sizzix Riveted Metal Texture Fade
Ranger Mixed Media Paper
Distress Paints: Old Paper; Cracked Pistachio; Peacock Feathers
Gesso
Baked Texture Embossing Powders - Patina Oxide; Dirty Sand; Ancient Amber, Rocky Road; Chunky Rust ***coming soon to the Scrap Shotz Online Store***

2 comments:

Wendy said...

These are awesome. How is the baked texture embossing g powder different from other embossing powders?

Seth said...

Each one of these is extra special Julia. And thanks for including the technique video!