Monday, January 22, 2018

January Kit - Kaisercraft Documented

Hi there!

I'm up today with two projects made using the January 2018 kit featuring the Kaisercraft Docomented collection.

My first project is a scrapbook layout. 



Since the page was going to have two vertical columns, I wanted a round shape to soften it and tie the two sides together. So, I started by inking a piece of the Smokey cardstock from the kit with the Kasiercraft ink cube, also from the kit and a Tim Holtz stencil from my stash.  I drew a circle in pencil and applied the ink within it.  Once the ink was dry, I erased the line. Then I splattered black watercolour droplets all over the page.

To make the title, I combined the Vicki Boutin Thickers from the kit and fussy cut letters from one of the pieces of patterned paper.

This page is about my journey to fitness this new year, so I wanted to hide the journaling.  So using a piece of the Cream Puff cardstock, I folded a card and adhered the photo to the front.  I decorated the inside with the Kaisercraft stamps and die cuts included in the kit.



To finish the page, I cut strips of patterned paper and and layered them under the photo with  embellishments scattered on the strips. There are ribbons from Tim Holtz Ideaology TrimmingsCompass Coins, and Nuvo Drops in Copper Penny, all kit extras. The butterflies are punched from a piece of patterned paper using punches from my stash.

My next project is a masculine birthday card made with the Kaisercraft Stencil from the kit.


I started by inking a 4 inch by 5 1/4 inch piece of white cardstock with Distress Oxides in Vintage Photo and Spiced Marmelade blending the colours together.



Once the ink was dry, I applied Versamark through the stencil and heat embossed the pattern using a copper embossing powder.




I mounted the finished background onto a piece of the patterned paper. The phrase is the branding strip from one of the patterned papers that I cut to fit. The globe is from the Kaisercraft stamp set and the ribbon and Nuvo drops are kit extras. 

This kit is very easy to work with and I'm loving my projects.  I'll be back in a couple days with a few more!

Thanks for looking!
Sylvie



No comments: