Monday, July 6, 2020

Kate & Ash Collection - Double Page Layout!

Hello friends! It's Karla back today with a double page layout using the adorable Simple Stories Kate & Ash Collection! As soon as I saw the beautiful images and designs in this line I knew it would be perfect - not only to document fun times with my girls, but also to use it for myself!! I love the retro feel of the colours, and I can't wait to share with you the two page layout I created using the July SCT365- 2020 Sketch. These photos are from a few years ago, but this collection will easily be able to help me document current pics as well - especially since one of my girls is now a teen!


I used some coordinating green cardstock from my stash to create a frame and then layered on the pretty papers from the 12x12 Collection Pack. I love how there are cut apart sheets included as well as an awesome full size sticker sheet! I used fun pieces from the 6x12 Chipboard Sticker Sheet, Ephemera from the Bits & Pieces Pack, coordinating Decorate Brads & the fun matching Washi Tape to decorate my pages! You can find even more coordinating accessories in the Shop!


I chose some of the fun stickers and embellishments to coordinate with my Breakfast In Bed theme and layered my matted photos to match the sketch. I even used some of the awesome Paper Rose Shaker Mixes and some sequins from my stash to add more pops of colour! I love how the Decorative Brads include several cardstock ephemera pieces with brads attached!


I added some of the Dina Wakley Gloss Sprays onto both sides of the layout, matching the colours to the papers and using a piece of packaging to smoosh the paint onto the page. I even lifted the nozzle out of the spray bottle to add some fun splatters! I used some gold Thickers from my stash to add a title and cut one of the 3x4 journaling cards from the cut apart sheet in the Collection Pack.


The 12x12 Sticker Sheet from the Pack has lots of fun elements, including various sentiments that work great to layer on. I used the absolutely adorable Mama Elephant Boba Tea Shaker Die Set to create a cute little dimensional cup, adding a fun brad to the top! You can see all kinds of more fun cards using this Shaker Set in last week's Facebook Live!! 


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure to check out the full Simple Stories Kate & Ash Collection in the Scrap Shotz Store, and be sure to join us for Live Videos on our Facebook Page!! We also have a Facebook Group - and we'd love to see what you're working on! Wishing you a crafty and very happy week ahead!


1 comment:

Tamara said...

I love this Karla—great inspiration for this newbie 🤪!