Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Circles, Circles, Circles

When your Scrap Shotz kit features the Simple Stories, Simple Vintage Great Escape with loads of amazing circle elements - you most definitely have to create a design to show them off. 



For this layout I went through the kit and pulled out all the circles that made me happy, focusing on the insect and mushroom elements specifically. I am scrapbooking photos of some Scotland Cows (coos) so wanted to focus on the nature circle elements of the kit and make it look all messy and save the hiking pieces for future layouts. 

After picking one of the pattern papers as a background in muted brown tones (to play off the brown of the Coos), I added some white acrylic splatters for a little texture and to anchor the circles. I also painted just the very outside edge of the page as a sort of border or frame. 



I cut the couple of photos in circles and then just stared clustering the photos and kit element circles in a wide strip down the page. I tried to bring in chipboard, stickers, and some brads into each ‘cluster’ so there was a lot of texture down the design. 



Sitting back I felt I needed something black to give some pop to the muted tones of the kit and give me that messy ‘cows in the mud’ look I was hoping for. I pulled some Tim Holt’s rub on backgrounds from stash, cut them in circles and brought those into some of the clusters as the most bottom layer. I think the black draws the eye to the other circle items. I also pulled some black alphas from my stash for this same reason - a little pop! 

I finished it off with some kit washi and border strips down the opposite side for a little balance, added a few tiny staples for some added texture and black splatters.



I like how it turned out - and that with circles you don’t have to worry about the lines being all straight and perfect the most clustered and crazy the better!   

How are you using your kit this month? We would love to see! Tag Scrap Shotz on social media so we can ohhh and ahh! 


No comments: