Friday, July 31, 2020

Bro & Co - Simple Stories

Hello everyone! I have a couple of layouts to share today using the new line from Simple Stories called Bro & Co. This line is perfect for boys, especially teen boys, a subject that isn't always easy to scrapbook, and finding the perfect patterned paper can be a challenge!


This layout is created with an outside border of 1" and given extra interest by using foam tape under the inner layer of paper. I used a tag, ephemera, a few brads and foam stickers from the line to embellish it. I used a splatter of Dina Wakely "Cheddar" Media Gloss Spray on the blue paper layer and a couple of strips of co-ordinating washi tape as a lower border. The mats were cut from Simple Stories Basics kits from other lines. I love that so many of the Simple Stories colors are perfectly matched and are so easy to mix. They all have the same tones and shades.

The second layout I'm sharing is a grid design that I made using 2" photos taken from a movie that I recorded watching the kids play a video game called "RockBand." I cut up the sheet of 2" squares in the paper line and mounted both the photos and squares on 2.25" mats of cardstock and patterned paper scraps. A few of the squares were lifted with foam dots and I used brads to accent some of the squares. The title was created by printing the RockBand logo on a piece of patterned paper and fussy cutting it out.

Thanks for looking in! I will have some additional creations using this line in a little bit, so stop by again soon!


No comments: