Tuesday, February 11, 2020

New Product- Doodlebug Winter Wonderland Layouts

Hello! Karla back today with two cute, wintry layouts to share with you using the adorable Doodlebug Design Winter Wonderland collection, a very cool Marvy Snow Marker and the Wild Whisper Strength Of The Season Sequins. I think I’ve come to terms with the fact that a majority of our year here in Canada is chilly and snowy, so why not use super cute supplies to scrap those winter pics?!! I love the colours in this collection, and I totally feel happier just seeing the adorable animals on my pages! 💙💜💙

We recently took Erica sledding on a hill near our house and of course she had a blast! I only went down the hill once and that was enough, lol! I decided to use the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine February Sketchy Challenge as inspiration for this layout. 


I matted my photos with purple and blue cardstocks and layered them on a white background. I added some coordinating snowflakes using a Kraftin' Kimmie stencil and inks. I then added Floral Spice Thickers to the top of the Odds & Ends diecut to create a fun title.


The Marvy Snow Marker is really fun! You simple dab it any areas you want to add 'snow' to, let it dry, and then heat with a heat gun. It almost immediately starts to puff up! On areas that I wanted even more dimension, I added a second coat. This was so fun!


These cute little guys are so happy and sweet!! The Wild Whisper Strength Of The Season Sequins matched so well that I had to add them to the page. My fav glue for paper and embellishments is the Art Institute Glitter Adhesive, and the Metal Precision Tip makes attaching sequins so easy.


For my second layout, I'm using the SCT365 2020 Layout Class Sketch for February as my inspiration. I love the small 2.5" squares on one of the cut apart pages in the paper pack! Perfect for embellishing pages and making cards!

I used a sticker from the 12x12 sticker sheet in the paper pack to add a title and added some stickers from the cardstock sticker pack as well as more pretty sequins.


That Snow Marker was perfect again for adding puffy snow and marshmallow embellishments. I layered on some coordinating colours of Distress Oxide Sprays (linked at the bottom of the post) by using the nozzle to tap some ink onto a piece of packaging, adding a little water and then smooshing it onto my cardstock. I love the splattery effect!


How fun are these flower-like snowflakes from the Odds & Ends pack?!! 


We were all tired from our snowy adventure, but we had a great time, and now we get to relive those memories whenever we pull out the scrapbook!


Here are a list of the supplies I used that you can find in the Scrap Shotz Store:
Tim Holtz  Distress Oxide Sprays: Seedless Preserves & Peacock Feathers

Thanks so much for stopping by! You can always find NEW goodies in the Scrap Shotz Store HERE - so be sure to have a look and see what crafty supplies inspire you!!


No comments: