Tuesday, February 4, 2020

January 2020 Kit: Darcelle by Prima Marketing

Hello!

Rosie here to share my first kit project of 2020 :).

 If you had a chance to watch my quick unboxing video I mentioned using one of the papers that can be cut apart into sections as printed, as a full sheet for a layout base, here is my layout...


I started this layout by choosing a group of photos and laying them out with the papers to choose the best match for me.


I chose this one of my daughter and her friend in front of an ice sculpture as the purple and blue tones of the ice are highlighted by the same tones in this paper.


As the photo is light, I knew I wanted to place it on the darker left corner of the paper.


Knowing where I wanted to place the photo, I fussy cut a few of the blooms from the paper and the sheet of paper from the typewriter.


All of these fussy cut pieces are backed with kit journal cards and popped up with foam squares and tape, you'll see that later :).

I added a small amount of "whitewash"-white paint watered down with water, on the paper behind the photo and one of the journal cards as well:


I then fussy cut blooms from the "Born to Make History" paper:


and placed them around the photo and across the photo mat and typewriter to tie them in together to the photo.




The fussy cut typewriter paper is edged with Aged Mahogany and Dusty Concord Distress ink, then popped up with foam adhesive. Kit gems, puffy heart and butterfly stickers,  embellish the middle line of the paper.

The journal "block" is a portion of the journal card cut down to fit the space:


Thanks for hanging in for this long post, feel free to comment with any questions or post your questions, comments on the Scrap Shotz Facebook page.

You can check out the kit along with the add-ons HERE






1 comment:

Paris NY London said...

Great blog I enjoyed reaading