Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Mama Elephant Big Happy Birthday!!

Hello everyone! Lorraine here to show you some cards I created using the Carta Bella Baseball line and the Mama Elephant Big Happy Birthday die and Birthday messages stamps.
The size and simplicity of this ME die make it so easy to work with! I cut a grey and a red die cut out of cardstock and offset layered them to create a shadow effect. I cut some foam into tiny strips to fit behind the letters on the red letters to bring them off the card. Just adding a bit of embellishment (nuvo drops and a piece of ephemera from the Baseball line) completes the project! Perfect for a masculine card!
I used the 6x6 Carta Bella paper for this card with the baseball park scene. I put some enamel dots on for a bit of dimension, cut the die out a few times and layered it to make it pop.
I used some chipboard from the Baseball line for this one. Two layers of die cuts and some baubles from my stash and this one was done. Using cardstock strips in place of ribbon gives the card a bit more of a masculine feel.
For this one, I used some glitter nuvo drops and wrapped the card with twine. The baseball logo is a  chipboard element from the line.
This one is a little different. I adhered the die with a "bubble" in the middle so that it has some dimension without any bulk. The brad is from the Carta Bella line, and the pearl drops are Nuvo.
This shaker card just has a trio of large sequins on the top. The sparkle and movement from behind the die cut are just enough pizzazz on it's own.  To create the shaker, I cut the die out, then put acetate behind the cut out. Then I put the die cut back down and glued all the bits and pieces for the letters down to the acetate before removing the die. It's an easy way to get the look!
Another shaker card, with a sentiment from the Mama Elephant Birthday Messages stamp set popped up on top. I added baseball gloves that were fussy cut from scraps left over from the Baseball line. I put a bit of glossy accents on the baseballs to make them shiny and rounded.
This patterned paper is from the 6x6 pad. The smaller size of the pattern are so well suited to cards!
The baseball bat border is from a 12x12 scrap and the dots are nuvo pearl. This one wasn't popped up, and still is really effective.
This die is from Hero Arts and the popped-up sentiment is from the ME Birthday Messages stamp. I put some Nuvo drop accents on it and it was finished.

Thanks for looking. As you can see, there are so many great ways to use these dies and stamps. I used baseball paper, but you can adapt your cards to any sport you'd like for the men in your life. 😎

Have a great day!








No comments: