Friday, May 17, 2019

May 2019 Scrapbook Kit and some Doodles

The May 2019 Scrapbook kit is fabulous!

For the second month in a row, Scrap Shotz is using a paper line for the first time! The kit features the Live Your Dream collection from Altenew which ,I will admit, I thought only created stamps. Now, thanks to my May kit, I know they do amazing pattern papers, alphas, stickers, chipboard and wow! The quality of each is wonderful - I am so impressed. 

The kit contains all 8 double sided papers of the Live Your Dream collection, matching chipboard, ephemera, half pack of epoxy wood buttons, a couple of charms, brand new thickers, 8 matching cardstock and a cut file (which is cut for you) from Just Nick Studio.

Here is a quick picture of the Kit items (the clear stickers are an add on):



I put up a 'favourite items' unboxing video on my YouTube Channel (Scrapstorian) showing off the amazing chipboard and pattern papers that come in the May kit and the puffy alpha stickers that are available as a kit add on. You can get a great feel for the amazing pattern paper in this collection in the video, I 'ooohh' and 'aaaahh; for a while on each page. Enabler alert!

The project I want to share with you today is one I made with all the goodies in my May kit. I love how it turned out overall but what I love most is a detail the kit inspired me to add ... doodles!


The Altenew product in the kit has a few "sketched" touches. Once I put one of their sketched leaf chipboard pieces on the page, I wanted more - so I drew them! Here is a look at the leaf that inspired me to try. So cute right!?



Full disclosure, I never draw! I am awful at it. The extent of my artistry is stick people which I make extra special by adding brackets on the outside of their hips so it looks like they are dancing. So clearly I have never doodled on a scrapbook page before...until now!

I was actually so nervous to start but as soon as the first one worked out, I was addicted. I had so much fun and I love how it brought the layout together. I just used my black journalling pen and added a few of these doodle leaves to the outside border and kept on going because I loved it so much!



Once I had my journal pen border on the page with its cute little doodles, I felt like the layout was ripe for more of 'my touch' so I went ahead and journalled right on the page too. Once the page had a  sketch inspired touch to it, my own hand writing seemed to look better than usual - sometimes when I journal on a layout I feel like I ruined it - not this time. What a feeling! 


Have you ever doodled on a layout? Could you be inspired to try? If you do, post your layout on social media and tag #scrapshotz so we can see! 

Happy crafting!







No comments: