Monday, May 27, 2019

May Scrap Shotz Kit: Altenew Live Your Dream

Hello Scrap Shotz Friends!

Rosie here and thrilled to be working with a brand new paper line. This is the second month in a row Scrap Shotz is featuring a hot off the presses line and it's the Altenew Live Your Dream collection. You'll receive all 8 double sided papers, 8 matching card stock, matching chipboard ephemera, half pack of epoxy wood buttons, brand new Thickers, a couple of charms and an exclusive cut file designed just for this kit by Just Nick Studio. We've cut the file for you as well so you'll receive the die cut with your kit.

I was so excited to dive in to this kit I forgot to take photos of it, but you'll see by my projects it's bold and bright and super fun to work with.

{Sunset Memories: SSZ May kit; Kit Add On 04 (puffy letters); Studio Katia black crystals (from my stash)}

Yes the paper does come exactly as you see it above! I chose photos that had some of the colours in the paper and then laid them out over the colours they were closest to.

I inked the exclusive kit die cut with Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress Oxide ink, let dry, then misted with Altenew Iridescent Ink Spray. I then cut apart the blooms and leaves and arranged in opposite corners of the photo layout.


The large leaf to the left of journal spot is from the May Add On 03-Live Your Dream Clear Sticker.

Here's a close up of the bottom right die cut arrangement.

This next layout is based on the May Creative Scrapbooker Magazine sketch:

One of the best things about a paper line is how it all coordinates together, I fussy cut the large bloom in the top right from one of the kit papers and it worked great with this abstract blocks watercolour paper. I applied Gina K White Glitz Glitter Gel through the Altenew Feathered leaves stencil to add some sparkle.

Here's a closer look at the stencilled portion and I've echoed the circular sketch elements with kit epoxy wood buttons.

The kit Thickers coordinate perfectly with the Altenew papers.

'Live Your Dream' worked perfectly for this layout:

My teenage daughter is over the moon for BTS, the biggest kPop and boyband on the planet. We were fortunate to see them in concert in Hamilton last year and figured there was no way we'd be able to get tickets for the stadium tour kicking off in Pasadena, CA.

As soon as I saw this kit I knew it would be perfect for the concert photos and this layout is from Day 1 of the Rose Bowl stop.


I applied water with a large brush to the top portion of Vicki Boutin Mixed Media paper and then dropped ink from Altenew water-colour brush markers to create this ink blended portion. I tore a portion from the watercolour-ish paper and layered the pieces with foam adhesive to create a frame around the inked portion.

I hand cut the banners and layered under the torn edges, the BTS is die cut from glitter card stock with the Altenew Bold Caps Alpha dies. The add on puffy sticker letters complete the title and kit chipboard and ephemera finish off the layout.

Thanks for taking it all in and I'll be back with the rest of my projects very soon!






1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Wow! This is beautiful work, Rosie!!