Thursday, May 30, 2019

Try Fussy Cutting

Hello, crafty Scrap Shotz friends!

Today I am here to encourage you to find those pattern papers that you find a little intimidating. You know the ones ... the papers that have very busy patterns. They feel too busy for a background, .too beautiful to waste as a layer and are so fabulous you are intimidated and (gasp) you end up hoarding them in your stash. Not anymore!

I have to admit the papers in this month's Scrapbook Kit from the talented folks at Altenew felt this way for me - they are absolutely stunning, busy, gorgeous and worthy of a frame! I show you each of the papers in my 'favourite items' unboxing video on my YouTube Channel (Scrapstorian) if you want to see what I mean. Fabulous!



Brace yourselves, the first thing I do when I find a pattern I love but its too gorgeous and busy to find a way to use it as a solid 12x12 .. I grab my fussy cutting scissors and start making die cuts. Yup, that's right, I cut that beauty apart and make it a whole bunch of beauties. Then I feature them on a layout with a more neutral background to make them pop.

Inspired by the Just Nick Studio cut file that came with the kit and matches perfectly with the pink blossom with blue stems pattern paper I cut - I just started layering and tucking and poking and placing all the amazing and matching leaves I cut.



The colors I was working with are blue and pink with a dash of teal; so anything in the kit matching this description also got included. I love working with just a few colors, and making bold busy patterns more "Brande" friendly as die cuts.

Here are a few close-ups so you can see that I literally added everything that matched from the kit.




I loved creating this page - it was one of those layouts that just came together so well.

If you have a Kit this month, I would love to see how you are using the amazing products from Altenew. Please post and hashtag #scrapshotz

Happy crafting!




No comments: