Monday, April 2, 2018

April Product Reveal: Tim Holtz Layering Stencils


Stencils are some of the most value-oriented and versatile items within my stash. It lets me create innovative projects with no two looks alike time and time again.

Below are the supplies I used to experiment with the Tim Holtz Stitched and Thatched Layering Stencil. On the right is a manilla tag and to the left is a piece of cardstock I used to tap off excess ink. With distress oxide inks, the distress sprayer and distress embossing powder...as well as kit leftovers, I created a tag to be used as a bookmark.



After blending the oxide inks, I used my Distress sprayer to create fine as well as heavier water splotches. Then I zapped it with my heat gun...to speed the process along.


Using Wendy Vecchi embossing paste with the Hatched stencil, I heat embossed the pattern with Distress embossing powder. The edges of the tags are brushed with Vintage Photo oxide inks. Then using leftover accents from a previous kit, I adorned the tag. I had some black acrylic paint on my desk and decided to add some black splotches for some interest.


For my second project, I masked off a heart on a piece of dark kraft paper. First I used the Concord and 9, Dotty turnabout stamp with Antique Linen Distress Oxide ink which I heat embossed with Wow Pearl white embossing powder. Then I applied the Tim Holtz Stitched layering stencil on top of the heart mark and added a pop of blue to the heart. 


The panda and love letters are from Mama Elephant which I just had to add a touch of whimsy to the card.

I hope I inspired you to use your stencils!


No comments: