Friday, April 13, 2018

April Kit Meets Home Decor

Happy Friday the 13th everyone!! Cathy here today with a home decor piece featuring the April Kit! How pretty is the Twilight Collection from One Canoe Two?
This project is very simple to create and there are so many options with this kit! I love things that I can put on my wall, or sit on top of a bookshelf. I had this old weathered frame that I'd picked up eons ago and finally put it to use.

For this project I used the package of die cuts, 12X12 patterned paper and wood veneers.

Isn't that plaid paper to die for?

I used Rose Gold embossing powder from Emerald Creek for the wood veneer.

The wood veneers take embossing powder beautifully and so many colour choices that will go with this collection.

The completed wall hanging! I edged my cut pieces in Black Soot Distress Ink. And the small strips of paper with the butterflies on it is the small branding strip from the bottom of one of the 12X12 sheets. 





To get a bit more dimension with the flowers and butterflies I used different thicknesses of pop dots to attach my pieces. I just love that I could have done this look with the fireflies or with the postage stamps. I may still do both and have a little trio of frames :)

Here are a few close ups of the sections for you.






Hope you are ready to get your hands on this fantastic April Kit from Scrap Shotz! And make sure you check out all the add ons that you can order too! Have you seen the washi tape?!

Keep checking in to see the layouts and other fabulous projects featuring the Twilight Collection from One Canoe Two!


No comments: