Thursday, November 5, 2020

October 2020 Scrapshotz Kit - Carta Bella "Hello Autumn"

Hello everyone! As I write this blog post, our fall weather is holding a balmy +11 C. It is far too late in the year to hope that it will last much longer, so crafty time will be easy to find!

The October Scrapshotz kit, featuring the Carta Bella "Hello Autumn" line is perfect for those fall photos! On this layout I loved the patterned paper on both sides, so while I used a sheet with leaves, I folded back a corner for contrast with the gorgeous plaid. I matted my photo on the rust colored gingham and die cut a border of maple leaves to add interest. I used some foam flowers and title is from the kit, along with some cardstock banners and chalkboard popped up with foam dots to accent. The photo is popped up and double matted to give it added importance. 


My second layout was created with the Creative Scrapbooker October Sketchy Challenge. Here is the sketch.

My layout used the sketch very literally, and I was able to use 6 photos from a fall walk with my granddaughter. I matted each section in a different fall color taken from the background, and used cardstock stickers mounted on foam tape for the banner and the accent leaves. For the title, I used a word from the foam sticker sheet and letter thickers from the kit that were embossed with copper penny embossing powder. Journaling was hand written on a scrap of co-ordinating cardstock with inked edges.


I did have some scraps of paper left, so I made a couple of fall cards with the foam stickers, some leaf sequin embellishments from the kit, a bit of ribbon and a "hello" die cut with the Altenew Hello and Hugs Die Cut, still available in the Scrapshotz store. 

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend and stop by again soon for some crafty inspiration from the Design team.



No comments: