Monday, August 19, 2019

Faux Layered Background Die Card

Hi All,

Rosie here sharing a card using the Mama Elephant Circular Grid die


This Mama Elephant die cuts 12 circles, it works great with all the cute Little Agenda stamps Mama Elephant makes. After watching this Jennifer McGuire video I was inspired to create a layered background.

I decided to create a rainbow coloured background:


I cut panels from white, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet card stock from my stash.


I started by layering the red panel behind the white panel, slightly offsetting it to one side so you can see a slice of red from the front.



I used liquid adhesive for the layers since it takes a little bit of time to dry so I could adjust the layer until it was right where I wanted it.

I continued adding the layers, in rainbow colour order, alternating from left side to right side. I used the white die cut as the guide for trimming the offset layers.


Once I finished adding all the layers I adhered the entire panel to a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" white note card. I die cut "happy" with a die from my stash in black card stock and white heat embossed "birthday" from the Mama Elephant Happy Everything stamp set.


I finished it off with a coating of Nuvo Crystal Glaze over the happy die cut.

I love how this turned out, so much fun to make!





No comments: