Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Back To School Teacher Card

Hello! It's Karla back today to share a cute teacher card for back to school. We have had a fabulous summer vacation, but I think we are all just a bit excited about heading back for another year and getting back to a routine. My girls of course want to bring cards for their new teachers, so I grabbed a few different stamp and die sets and combined them for a cute card with a fun mixed media background.


I started off by colouring in the Hello Bluebird Just Sayin' animals with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. They blended nicely on Bristol Cardstock stamped in Gina K Amalgam Ink. This is truly my favourite stamping ink! It can be used with Copics or watercolours like the Zig Markers. 


I added the 'yay' and 'hello' sentiments from the Hello Bluebird set along with 'god bless you' from the Mama Elephant Mini Everyday Messages stamp set in the little signs the cute critters are holding. The 'Many Thanks' sentiment came from the Lawn Fawn So Owlsome stamp set. I just love how fun this card was by combining the stamps I had in my stash! 


The background piece was something from my craft drawer from a day I'd been playing with some watercolour mediums and my craft mat. It worked perfectly to layer being a stitched window diecut as a base for this fun, bright card. 


Inside, I used a sentiment from another school stamp from Studio Katia and coloured in the tiny ruler. 


The crayons were just perfect for this card, and came in the Hello Bluebird stamp set along with the little scissors. I added Glossy Accents to the crayons and used some white gel pen to add highlights. And, of course, all teachers love gold stars, so I found three to add just a bit of bling!


Thanks so much for joining me today! I hope this has given you some inspiration to pull out different stamp sets and see how fun they can work together. Don't forget to check what's new in the Scrap Shotz Store, and have a very happy, very crafty week!

No comments: