Friday, March 29, 2019

Vicki Boutin Color Kaleidoscope with a Sketch

Carolyn back again for some more layouts and more Color Kaleidoscope! I love, love, love this collection. Here are a few more ideas to get your creativity flowing.

First up, I have my interpretation of the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine March Sketch. Here is my layout.
Here is the sketch.
As you can tell, I may have gotten a little side tracked with the sketch, but that is what is great about a sketch. It gets your creativity going. At first I wasn't sure what I wanted in the giant space at the bottom so I figured a giant title would work well. I really wanted to use the purple paper as part of my background so I found some pictures with purple in them. Since my daughter is on a swing, the cloud paper and die cuts were an obvious choice. There is even a chipboard sticker that says "goofball". How does Vicki know my kid so well?

I also used a puffy sticker in the camera and cardstock butterfly stickers. The title was easy to make using my Silhouette Cameo. I chose a font I liked, used the offset button to make an outline and cut the outline from black cardstock. The rainbow letters I traced using the scraps from my cut mat and glued them to the back of the outline. I cut the chain with my Cameo using grey cardstock. The final touch was to raise up the clouds with some foam backing and add some journaling.

Here is another project that was super easy but I think it's my favourite! It catches my eye every time I walk past it.
This one started with me flipping through my photos trying to find one that matched the "Pop Dots" paper. I was so excited when I found this one. How lucky was that? I used a stencil with some modeling paste mixed with black paint. I taped over the parts of the stencil I didn't need and taped the stencil to my paper. Be very careful not to drag paste through any open areas of the stencil, off the edge or let the stencil fall into the paste elsewhere on the paper. 

Next, I used some punches to cut circles out of matching papers in the collection. I scattered them around. I left space to do some journaling. Here is the border paper in the Scrap Shotz's store. The title is so cool. The first three words are from the chipboard sticker sheet. The word "house" I made using a similar font in my Silhouette Cameo and pasting it to a white paper. I added some thread for good measure. There are also puffy stickers and cardstock stickers on this layout too.

That's all for now! I hope you have a creative day!

No comments: