Monday, March 25, 2019

More March '19 Scrapshotz Kit - Cards and a Mini

Hello! I am here today to show you a few more things that I made with the March 2019 Scrapshotz kit, featuring Simple Stories Vintage Traveler. I loved that the 6x8 paper pad had panels that could so easily be made into cards. These 4 cards were made with a bunch of scraps from the kit and a single sheet from the paper pad. No stamping at all!
For the first I die cut the panel and then die cut a couple more tags for the layers. For the second card, I took the backpack from the sticker sheet and popped it up over the backpack printed on the panel. I put a few Nuvo drops on each. Those drops are so easy to use and so beautiful.
These cards were super simple! They are also panels from the same sheet of 6x8. I just added a few layers, some sequins and a bit of ribbon and done.

 These cards used die cuts, chipboard elements and stickers. The only stamping was the sentiment on the Congratulations card, that will be good for a Graduate.
These last two are blank, meaning no sentiment. These are always handy to have on hand as they can be used for anything. I keep a ziplock bag of blank cards like this in my rv. It is really surprising how often I go to that bag for a card. I used Nuvo drops on the first and my Tim Holtz - 3 D Texture Fades Botanical Embossing Folder on the second. These folders have amazing detail and give cards an elegant texture. 

My last project with this kit was a mini book inspired by a Maggie Holmes YouTube video that I watched. I've linked it here so you can pick up her pro tips as well. The base of the mini is a bound book, and since I didn't have any that I was willing to cut up, I went to the second hand store in town and picked up this one for $.50. The first step is to cut out the pages. I used an exacto knife and a self healing mat to do the cutting, as per Maggie's instructions.



Then it was just go straight into making the pages. I had a number of photos that I had printed of a vacation to Mexico in 2015 that hadn't yet made it to a scrapbook, so while these are all from that trip, I didn't worry about putting them in any kind of order. It made for a no pressure kind of process that was fun. Here's a couple of the pages.
Rather than make this a super long blog post, I took a video showing you through the mini. If you're inclined to view it all, here's the link. YouTube Mini Album Walk Through

Thanks for stopping by! Make sure to check out the rest of the Design teams projects on the blog. Amazing projects!



1 comment:

Gasper C&J painting vault said...

I like your idea of using an old book as an album! Thank you for sharing an idea with us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Life is the art of drawing without an eraser. – John W. Čestitka za rojstni dan