Friday, February 15, 2019

Gingham Farm Scrapbook Layout

Hello everyone!
It's Carolyn here for my first Scrap Shotz post! It is so wonderful to be a part of this scrapbooking community. Let me tell you about a really neat, new line by My Mind's Eye. It is called Gingham Farm. It is black, white and grey with a hint of light green and teal. It is unlike any other line out there. You can use the pieces as a base and add colour or use it as is. I decided to make my first layout using much of the collection as it is. It is very easy to do - check it out below.
I began with a white piece of cardstock. I cut a thick strip of the plaid paper for the border and another smaller strip from black cardstock. I used a stencil to cut the wavy shape. I glued them down and tied a piece of black and white twine around the papers. Here is what the paper kit looks like. It also comes with a sticker sheet. Click here to see this product in store.
Next, I used a paper from the kit and two journal cards to frame my picture. I layered another two journal cards in the corner to write about my picture. Click here to find them in the store. Here is a close-up of one of the cards.
I used lots of ephemera on this layout! The titles, corner flowers and tags can all be found here in the store. Another favourite embellishment of mine is chipboard. I used it under and over my picture to help frame it but also to pop it up off the page. Here is how it looks:
Here is the chipboard that can be found in the store. This is one sheet. There is another on the other side.
Thanks so much for taking a look at my post! I'll be back soon with some more Gingham Farm goodness! Have a great day!
 

No comments: