Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Kaisercraft Mint Wishes

Hi there!

Today I'm sharing some pages made with the stunning Kaisercraft Mint Wishes paper pack.  This beautiful kit is so easy to work with.  I love wood prints and the colour palatte is so pretty.

My first project is based on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine sketch for December.


When I saw the sketch, I thought of Christmas ornaments, so using my Silhouette and a Lori Whitlock cut file, I cut out some ornaments. I wanted to bling up the ornaments so the dots on the large ornament were covered in Nuvo Crystal Drops. Using paper glue, I painted the leaves and pinecones and sprinkled loose glitter over it.  And I did the same thing with the word "joy" on the small ornament.  When it was dry, I covered it with more Nuvo Crystal Drops.

To give the hangers a metallic look, I embossed them with silver embossing powder. To make the title, I used some Jen Hadfield Thickers that I inked with white stamping ink and sprinkled with white acrylic paint. To embellish the rest of the page, I fussy cut flowers from one of  the patterened papers and a few Want to Scrap Rhinestones.  I then added some green string that I took from the Christmas wrapping pile. ;)



Here is a closeup of the details.  They are hard to see, but noticeable in real life.


For my next page, I started with some Nuvo Embellishment Mousse and a Tim Holtz Stencil in the top left corner and where I wanted to place the photo.  I decorated the page with die cuts and stickers from the Mint Wishes collection.  The title is made by cutting a branding strip and a Thickers set. I finished the layout by using some Nuvo Drops  and more Christmas string to once again "hang" the ornaments.  The edges were distressed and then placed on a piece of green cardstock from my stash.


This was the first time I've used the Nuvo Embellishment Mousse.  It gives such a nice shimmery texture to the page. Very cool product!

I just LOVE this collection!  It is so easy to work with.  I'll be back in a few days with a couple more.

Thanks for looking!


No comments: