Monday, December 11, 2017

December 2017 Scrap Shotz Kit Reveal with Virginia

The Scrap Shotz December 2017 monthly kit is fab-u-lous! I decided to use the kit to make a variety of gift card holders which are so handy this time of year.

The first gift card holder is shown below; the gift card is stored on the top flap of the card. The bottom stabilizes the card and provides a private message to the recipient. The sentiment is by My Favorite Things (Hand Lettered Christmas) and embossed in silver; Sandy is happy to order this must-have Christmas stamp for your stash.



Another gift card holder I make several of is super easy. These gift card holders can be as dressed up as you like.


Start with a 4.25"x10" piece of cardstock. Score at 3", 4", 5" and 8"


Fold along the score lines and use strong adhesive to adhere the lines scored at 3" and 5". The 4" score line should be raised.


Cut a gift card opening along the raised fold and insert the gift card.


 The last gift card holder that I also make several of is shown below. It uses a 4.25" x 12" piece of cardstock.


Score at 5.5" and 11"; fold along the score lines. The bottom flap is folded and held together with 2 brads to anchor the gift card.


With a scrap piece of cardstock I started to make a cumberbund around the card but decided to adhere it to the bottom of the card similar to a bendie card. It gave me an opportunity to accent the card.


I hope I've inspired you with these projects - I look forward every month for my kit box :-)

-Virginia


No comments: