Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Concord and 9th: Many Thanks Turnabout Stamp

Wow wow wow....Concord and 9th continues to hit it out of the park with their innovative stamps and dies! In particular, I am smitten with their turnabout stamp series. (Selfish plug on my part :-) you can see samples of their turnabout stamps on my instagram feed @virginiawong12)

Today is all about showcasing the Many Thanks turnabout stamp. If you have not used a turnabout stamp, you are in for a treat. In addition, this fabulous stamp has fabulous fonts which always makes me gushy inside and the individual stamps are super versatile as well.

For my first card, I chose traditional Christmas colors of red, green and gold. This was paired with an extra green embossed Wreath image also from Concord and 9th Magnolia wreath stamp and die set. Golden berries were added to the wreath with Nuvo drops.



So then I decided to have some fun with the backgrounds. It's nice to add a smile to the card recipient so I added the adorable panda bears from My Favorite Things to the turnabout background. The front panel was created using the individual stamps also included. 


To mix up the colors, I created an autumnal feel for the thank you card by stamping in orange, green, purple and black. It was the perfect backdrop for the Altenew Smile More and Hug Me stamp and die set.


And my last card is a contemporary Christmas card (I have plans to make a few for the Caring Hearts Drive 2017). For the background, I used the traditional colours but turned the turnabout 3 times, leaving some white space to balance the stamped and heat embossed Magnolia wreath. That yeti is a favorite of mine. While it does not photograph well, he is covered in sparkles. The Honeybee stamp and die has been embossed with antique gold twice. The inside sentiment reads, "it's Christmas!"



Thanks for dropping by and I hope I've given you inspiration to craft!

-Virginia

No comments: