Thursday, May 21, 2015

Fabulous Find: Spellbinders Butterfly Expandables

At the annual Scrap Shotz NSD crop, one of our make n takes showcased the Spellbinders Shapeabilities Butterfly Magic Expandable Die shown below. What makes this die so unique is that you can lengthen and extend your initial die cut. Each side of the die matches to itself perfectly. To learn how to use the die, here is a YouTube link that gives you more information.

From my sample below, I used the die cut individually. I also cut an extra die cut but isolated the butterfly. The butterfly was coloured with the Abandoned Coral distress inks. I heat set the distress ink and applied a layer of Ranger's Glossy Accents to the top.


To create the background, Mermaid Lagoon and Cracked Pistachio distress inks were applied. Are you as in love with Tim's monthly released colours of distress inks that I am???

1 comment:

Rosie said...

Beautiful card and yes those colours are fabulous!