Monday, December 11, 2023

Sugarplum Wishes for Christmas

Just 13 sleeps to Christmas and I am feeling inspired to scrapbook some past Christmas memories. So I reached for the Paige Evan’s, Sugarplum Wishes  that arrived in happy mail from Scrap Shotz and had some fun! So many bright patterns and the embellishments are such fun. 

Go Busy or Go Home 

For this first layout, I wanted to use all the patterns and embellishments - go all out with way too much, in a good way. A great way to keep a busy page  focused is by using a single big feature - in this case I reached for a Peartree Cutfiles cutfile. The large, white cutfile on the page breaks up the busy patterns. So you can use them all but not worry about it being too much. 

For this layout, I first backed the cutfile with a few of the fun patterns from the Collection. Then I used the cut apart tags from one of the pattern papers to anchor my small black and white photos beside the cutfile. 

From there, I tucked in a few of the embellishments in and around the tags. I finished the page off with a little ripped feature at the top right of the layout and some Nuvo Crystal Drops in Snow White. 

Make Your Own Background

Loving the look of the bright Paige Evan’s pattern papers combined with a cutfile - I reached for another Peartree Cutfiles cutfile to inspire my page design. 


After backing the cutfile with a number of the amazing pattern papers, I realize of I had created a bit of a colour theme for the page - so I ran with it! Pink, red, dark green and lime for this layout. 

For my background I used a 12x12 Completely Dotty stencil from Peartree Cutfiles. I simply used a sponge dauber and Ranger Ink, Distress Ink in Barn Door, Victorian Velvet, Twisted Citron, and Pine Needles and rubbed them each in random across the stencil allowing some to blend here and there. I added a few splatters of each ink as well. To do this, smoosh some of the ink from the ink pad on some plastic and add a couple spritz of water - then flick over the page with a paint brush. I love how it turned out! 


From there, I added my three photos in black and white below the file (each backed with a coordinating pattern paper or two) and then picked a bunch of the Sugarplum Wishes die cuts and stickers in the layout colour theme. 

Full disclosure, I am also Design Team member for Peartree Cutfiles. The cutfiles featured here are from their exclusive December Advent subscription from year’s past. Such fun to play with. 

Are you scrapping this December or maybe December past? Do you create a December Album each year? Well, if looking for bright and fun design  - reach for Sugarplum Wishes! 

Happy Holidays! 






No comments: