Saturday, December 9, 2023

More Travel Memories with Mintay Papers

I am back to show off a few more ways to use the Mintay Papers, Places We Go collection in your travel layouts. I received this collection via happy mail from Scrap Shotz and I cannot stop creating layouts – the patterns are so fun, and the die cuts and chippies are dreamy to play with. 

If you missed my first couple of layouts, you can pop back to the blog here

Embrace the Pattern 

For this layout, the pattern paper did all the work! I had some travel memories of staying in the most haunted hotel In Aberdeen, Scotland which resembled the look of the building on the pattern paper. So I added some white splatters (white acrylic paint with a few spritz of water) to bring my usual grunge touch and then added my photos. They are 2x3 photos all backed with a couple of coordinating pattern papers from the collection and slightly overlapping for a layered look. I added a piece of vellum paper behind each to soften the pattern paper around the photo strip.


Once the photos were in place, I added a cluster of the die cuts on the bottom right. The chippies from the collection provided the title “travel” which I balanced with the matching “geo tag” on top of the photos to finish off the layout.

Designate a Spot for Embellishments

When the die cuts and chippies are as good as those in the Places We Go collection, you want to show them all off - so I did just that. I used my go to grid design but instead of using 4 photos, I designated one of the 4 grid spots for a collection cut apart journal card and loads of embellishments.

First, I prepped my layout background with some white acrylic paint spread almost edge to edge but in a really thin layer. This is a great way to soften a busy pattern. Then I cut a couple of 9x8 rectangles of pattern paper which I adhered centre stage a little of centre/titled from each to make sure the patterns were both showing. From there, I printed my 2x3 photos and backed each with a few pattern papers each – again with a little title behind each photo to show off the layers. 

I adhered the photos down in a grid pattern centre stage. For the fourth spot I used one of the collection cut apart cards and this is where I focused the majority of my embellishments. I started with that amazing “globe” chippie and layered a bunch of embellishments on top. For balance, I added some embellishments to the photo on the opposite corner.

Half Page Design 

When I cannot decide which pattern paper is my favourite – I use both! I ripped that great floral pattern in half and layered it over the green marbled pattern. I added another dark pattern between to create some contrast between the floral and green. A few white splatters finished off the background prep.

I printed a couple of 2x3 photos and again backed them with a few pattern papers and a layer of vellum. I made a messy photo strip with my two photos and one of the cut apart cards on top of the ripped portion of the page. From there I added a number of the die cuts behind the photos and to the side of the cut apart card. I also made a little tear at the bottom of the page to show off the contrasting pattern, and placed a small cluster of die cuts on the rip.


Before I added the chippies to the page as a final touch, I covered each with some Nuvo Crystal Drops in snow white. I also backed the little backpacks with the fun floral patterns. So cute!

Thanks again for swinging by … pop over to the Mintay Papers section of the shop for your goodies.


 

No comments: