Saturday, October 14, 2023

Cocoa Vanilla Studio - More Happy Days

Here to share some more Cocoa Vanilla Studio, Happy Days goodies from the Scrap Shotz shop and how they are shaping up into summer loving layouts from my scrappy space! 

For a peek at my first few pages with this amazing collection, pop over to Cocoa Vanilla Studio - Happy Days. Now let’s get to my newest layouts … 

Embrace The Alphas


For this layout, I reached for the Cocoa Vanilla Studio - Happy Days, Chipboard Title Stickers. I love the doodled look of the alphas and wanted to use as many as I could on a layout - so decided to use them as my background! 

I prepped this pattern paper from the collection with some black splatters. I also added a few random texture stamps and phrase stamps from my stash around the edges using Paper Rose Studio, Premium Dye Ink - Intense Black. This creates a sort of frame for the layout and love how it draws the eye to the middle of the page. I then used Ranger Ink, Distress Ink in Black Soot and one of my way-too-many stencils from Vicki Boutin and shaded in some colour in the middle of the page to anchor the alphas and my photos. I added a few small touches of the stencil to the edges of the page too. 


From there, I picked my favorite titles and spelt those out across the middle of the page - using a ruler to make sure they stayed straight. I wasn’t worried about covering up some the titles with my photos, that’s part of the fun. I did put the titles a little off set though and added the heart chipboards in between for a touch of colour. 

I then added two small photos, with a few collection patterns layers behind, and then just tucked and layered the florals from the Cocoa Vanilla, Happy Days - Floral Ephemera in and around the photos. My final touch was a couple little tucked tags with black/white twine and the collection die cut butterflies. 

All The Pattern Paper 


For my next magic trick (ha ha), I reached for every single pattern in the collection - they are all so pretty! 

First, I had to create my background. I cut down a 12x12 piece of cardstock to 11.75x11.75 and backed it with the cut apart pattern paper. I like how the cut apart has so many different colours and patterns making the edge of a layout a lot of fun. I used Ranger Ink, Distress Ink in Black Soot and a paw print from Peartree Cutfiles to add some paws to the background, and matched some Distress Inks to the Happy Days collection to add some small splatters around the paws. 

Now let’s get to the pattern paper! First I cut 3 pattern pieces in about 6.5 wide and 9.5 high; used a white journal pen to quickly and messily outline the edge then layered and titled them so just edges of each were peeking out and dropped those in the middle of the page. I reached for my 4 photos and added a layer or two of pattern behind each - also tilted and outlined in a white journal pen. I dropped those down on the larger pattern a little messy too but generally in a grid pattern. No straight lines on my layouts. 


For the final touch, I cut a few thin circles from the pattern paper and tucked them behind the top right and left bottom corner photos. I used the circle to anchor my title from the chipboard alphas and tucked in a few of the florals too. I used the same white journal pen to add some white lines to the leaves of the floral bunches. 

I had such fun with this Cocoa Vanilla collection - definitely one to add to your shopping cart for those summer, hot vacation or everyday playful photos! 





No comments: