Monday, September 11, 2023

49 and Market for Travel Memories


Hi y’all! Brande here sharing some travel memory projects brought to you by the amazing inventory of 49 & Market goodies in the Scrap Shotz shop! 

I used the Vintage Artistry Everywhere collection as my go to kit for these pages adding in some goodies from the Vintage Bits and Essentials collections too. 

Loving the Film Strips 


I love the film strips that 49 & Market have designed! I find myself designing a page then before adhering everything down I decide to also tuck a few film strips in behind and it’s next level! That’s what happened for this one. 

I started with the pattern paper and added a bunch of the messy rub ons, some splatters and a cluster of photos with a few embellishments was almost where I stopped .. then the film strips happened! One of each colour which then inspired the little circle chipboard embellishments to finish it off. Next level from my original vision. 

Words for the Win 

 

The Vintage Artistry Everywhere Rub-Ons come with a sheet of the most fantastic travel / adventure / explore the world words. I used a bunch of them to frame my layout! I tried to make a few a little off the page and a few fully on the page - sort of mimicking a pattern paper look. 

Then I added some splatters and a stencil pattern with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Unchartered Mariner. I used this colour to also inspire the embellishments - adding mostly blue touches here and there, and of course more of those amazing film strips! 

Forced Perspective 
 

For this layout I was inspired by the geo tags in the 49 & Market goodies. I love that they point to where you were, where you want to go a map .. or in this case, where the eye should focus on a layout. I cut the black/white pattern paper on this layout  to mimic the bottom of the geo tag that is sitting there all pretty in the middle of the page. 

From there, I created a cluster of small and even smaller photos, added some embellishments to connect all the photos and a few circles cut with the 49 & Market pattern papers. I repeat stamped the word happy over and over in black and coordinating Distress Inks (worn lipstick, twisted citron) behind the photo cluster. 

If you had the pleasure of seeing the Scrap Shotz crew at the Scrapbook Carnival in Edmonton and Calgary this year you may have seen these layouts on display.  

Thanks for swinging by! 








1 comment:

Teresa C. said...

Spectacular layouts. So inspiring. Thank you Brande for sharing your art and how you got there.