Saturday, November 20, 2021

Documenting Autumn Memories



If you working on scrapping your fall memories before the winter and Christmas memories start rolling in, reach for your September Scrapbooking Kit. This kit is all about the ‘Welcome Autumn’ collection by Carta Bella. All the oranges and pumpkins and fantastic fall sentiments make this collection really fun to play with. 

Torn Edges

For my first layout with the kit I reached my my three most favourite patterns from the collection. I ripped the edge of each a little more than the last to create a design where all three patterns could do the work. The white of the ripped eyes breaks up the patterns nicely. I generally would not pair so many busy patterns together but this kit is so well designed it’s easy to mix all the things. 

I printed a 4x6 photo in black and white, popped it up on some foam adhesive and more pattern paper (yup!) then just tucked and layered all the embellishments that made me happy. 

Circles

For my second layout, I was all about circles! First, I used a circle punch to cut out circles of all the fall things from the 2x2 cut apart pattern paper. Then I grabbed up all the circles embellishments from the chipboard and stickers and just stated creating a cascade of fall circle fun. Some black and white splatters in acrylic paint behind the circles brought a bit of the grunge I love. 

I picked a 4x6 photo of me and a couple of my sisters and backed it in a number of the kit pattern paper and some foam tape. A couple of phrase stickers from the kit and a few embellishments finished off this layout. 

Make it Three 


I had a lot of fun with this third layout! I found 3 patterns that were fun together from the kit. Then cut each at an angle to make up the full 12x12 layout like a puzzle. The pieces a little smaller than needed so I could leave a small slice of white space to break up the patterns a bit. 

My next move was to create the ‘Fall’ title on the bottom right. I really wanted to use those sticker alphas and the red truck. Together they made a cute little cluster. I found these sweet little photos of our pup and picked some matching embellishments for the centre of the page and voila! 

White Space 


For my final layout I went minimalist. I used a piece of Bazzill Basics Cardstock in Avalanche (white) from the shop and a bit of stencil to create an anchor for my photos. Then it was all about tucking embellishments and some fussy cut leaves from one of the patterns. Some splatters and the enamel dots from the kit finished it off. 

I have had a lot of fun with this kit and still have so much to play with. If you have a September kit - dig in! If you are not a kit member but looking for some fall goodies, there are still some Carta Bella, Welcome Autumn in the shop. 

 






No comments: