Sunday, May 30, 2021

May Kit Scrap Shotz Kit Club - At The Beach and Family Vacation Layouts!

Hello friends! Karla back today with two more layouts using the awesome May Kit Club! So far I've created four layouts and two cards... and I still have lots of supplies left to keep crafting! If you missed last week's post with a full review of the kit plus two layouts and two cards, be sure to check that out HERE! First up, I have a layout to share using our camping photos and a visit to the beach. I decided to add in some blues to match the water in the photos and decided to pull out the new Tim Holtz Salvaged Patina Distress Ink and Oxide, and I love how it turned out! 


I used Distress Ink to cover some of the white areas of the paper, and since it's translucent it doesn't show when you go over the black. The Distress Oxide in the Salvaged Patina was great to add a chalky look to the edge though! You can see how that works in the video below!


The black and gold letters from the Thickers in the kit are some of my favourite! I used some puffy stickers and enamel dots to embellish my title area.


I used a tag from the cut apart page in the paper pack and then created a second tag from patterned paper, again using the Salvaged Patina Ink and Oxide.


I finished off the layout with some chipboard, the adhesive brads and chipboard stickers and ephemera and added my journaling with a white gel pen.


Here's a look at the process video showing you how the first layout came together from start to finish!


For the second layout, I used a piece of the black cardstock from the kit and layered on papers from the collection pack. 


I used those fabulous gold and black Thickers and added on some chipboard and ephemera pieces to complete my title and added pops of colour with the enamel dots, adhesive brads and puffy stickers!


I coordinated various pieces from the 12x12 sticker sheet, the chipboard elements and ephemera with some of the cut apart elements from the paper pack to embellish the page.


Thanks so much for stopping by! You can check out the current Scrap Shotz Kit Club kit HERE and get all the details on these awesome kits HERE! Even though this month's kit may be sold out, you can find a few more elements from the Let's Go Anywhere Collection in the shop!! Have an amazing week my friends, and happy scrapping!




No comments: