Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Using the May Scrap Shotz Kit Club for Scrapbooking & Cards!

Hello friends! Karla back today with a look at the May Kit Club goodies featuring the Echo Park Let's Go Anywhere collection!! One of the awesome things I love about the Scrap Shotz kit club is that you get so much inspiration on using your own kit! Each month, the Design Team puts together blog posts with fabulous projects created using the kits, so you'll never be without ideas!! Here's a look at what I've created with it so far... Plus you can check out what's in this month's kit in the video below and decide if you want to subscribe and be part of the kit club so you don't miss out on any fantastic deals! First up, I've created a 12x12 camping layout using the black and white print/woodgrain paper in the kit.


I didn't want to waste any of this amazing paper, so I cut a 1" frame from the black and white print and then flipped the woodgrain side to the front and placed it back inside the opening! I added some Walnut Stain Distress Oxide ink around the edges and glued each of the pieces to a 12x12 piece of cardstock from my stash. 


Next, I layered a piece of red sky printed paper on top, cut to 8 5/8 x 9 5/8". I added three 3x4 photos and three 3x4 journaling cards. Two of them came from the cut apart sheet from the paper pack in the kit, and one I had previously printed from the Project Life App. I added the Thickers from the kit across the top of the page - these are beautiful black and gold stickers that stick on really well!!


I finished off my title by using some of the fun stickers from the 12x12 sticker sheet included and used some enamel dots and adhesive brads.


I added another sticker and one of the fabulous (my fav 😉) puffy stickers as embellishments on the top right.


I used a white gelly roll pen to add some more journaling and another puffy sticker and adhesive brad on the bottom of my layout.


I used a camera from the ephemera pack and then added a few more stickers and enamel dots to the bottom right to finish off this layout! 


Here's a look at a Video showing you all the amazing products you get in the May Kit Club as well as the Add-Ons we had available this month! Remember to sign up now to be part of the next kit!! You can find all the details on being a Kit Club member HERE!

Next, I have a 12x12 layout to show you that we created Live on the Scrap Shotz Facebook Page! I used some more camping photos and the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine May Sketchy Challenge.


I cut out a circle from the middle of the black/tan cardstock from the kit and flipped it as I did with the layout above, so as not to waste any paper! I used those awesome Thickers from the kit again and created a title to follow the top of the circle cut. I stamped a coffee cut from a Lawn Fawn stamp set and coloured it to fit with the theme of the layout!


I used lots of fun ephemera and stickers and journaled on the 4x4 journaling card from the cut apart paper in the kit. I added an ephemera banner and adhesive brad along with an enamel dot and sticker from the 12x12 sticker sheet to the bottom of the layout.


Instead of journaling on the edges of the layout, as you can see on the sketch HERE, I added stickers and ephemera details.


Here's a look at the Live Video from the Scrap Shotz Facebook Page to see just how this layout came together!


Lastly, I created two cards using this amazing Kit and the Memory Box Put It In Gear 3D Embossing Folder! You can see the video below showing how to make these cards.


I created a fun background with Distress OxidesInks, Embossing Glazes and the New Salvaged Patina Distress Products!


The Kit papers and Chipboard worked well to create a couple of fun masculine cards! I finished them off with the enamel dots and Avery Elle White Ink Spray to create cool splats! 



You can check out how to make these cards in this Live Video here on the Scrap Shotz Facebook Page!


Thanks so much for stopping by! Be sure to check out how to become a Kit Club member HERE and find fun New Products HERE! Don't forget to mark your calendars for Thursdays at 3 pm MST when you'll find me LIVE each week on the Scrap Shotz Facebook Page sharing what's new, fun techniques and project ideas!! I'd love to see you for a crafty chat! 



No comments: