Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Playing with Photoplay, Wicker Lane


If you were lucky enough to get your scrappy hands on the new Wicker Lane collection from Photoplay from the Scrap Shotz shop then this post is for you! This new collection is another example of Photoplay’s fantastic skills at creating colorful collections - so bright and fun. 

For my first kick at the Wicker Lane goodies I played with the diagonal stripe pattern ‘our house’. I sliced the paper up to get just the actual stripes to use as an anchor for my title and photo. This photo is a family portrait drawn by one of my little siblings! 

From there I found all the little embellishments that made me happy in the collection and added the puffy hearts and title from Vicki Boutin’s Color Study, The Details Puffy Phrase Stickers  and some black splatters touches. I love how colorful but also how much white space there is too on this page - might be a new go to design. 


From there I moved on to playe with the fantastic camera ‘moments’ pattern paper. I love this pattern so much I had to think of a design that would show off as much as possible - insert the ‘zipper’ design. Well, ok not sure thats an official design name but it’s the best name I could think of. Zipper it is folks! 

I used all of the frames in the collection ephemera package to build on the photo theme and then grabbed the Vicki Boutin phrase puffy stickers creating a title that sort of follows the cascading pattern of the frames down the page or zipper. 

Final touch? These adorable pics of my pup Bella Bean (the Jack Russell) and her bestie Lola the pup of one of my close friends. So cute! 

For this next one, I fell in love with this cut apart 3x4 pocket card from the collection and let it inspire the page design. ‘A little bit of crazy, a little bit of loud,  a whole lot of love’ describes our pup perfectly. Thanks Photoplay! 

I wanted to keep the page design really simple - this one is all about that saying and the cute pic of Bella Bean. A little Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Black Soot blended through a stencil, a couple pattern layers behind the photo, title and all the little puffy colour dots from the Vicki Boutin puffy phrase stickers to create a blast wee bits of colour from that cute furry face. Really easy to create this design and I love how it turned out. 



These layouts will create a great pop of colour in my albums - lots of fun to work with so many coordinating, fun patterns! 

If you played with Wicker Lane let us know - pop a post up in the Scrap Shotz Paper Crafting Group on Facebook or tag us on Instagram so we can ohhh and ahh!





No comments: