Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Simple Stories - Birthday Blast Cards

Well I had a lot of fun with this! The Simple Stories Birthday Blast line is perfect for birthday cards. So many options!!! I used the 6x8 paper pad, the sticker book, ephemera and the brads to create these cards and I have enough to go on creating for so many more! I added a bit of cardstock, stickles, foam strips and some die cut shapes from my stash. If you have any questions, please just ask!
For this one I drew the strings on the sticker balloons, added some brads and popped up a couple of the gifts. I punched the top corners of the card for interest.
Beautiful stripes from the 6x8 pad! This sentiment is from the ephemera pack. The brads kick it up a notch. Simple and so pretty.
The brad tag is from the line and the sentiment is from the sticker book. I mounted both on cardstock and added a few sequins for sparkle. If you cut the 6x8 paper in half you can get patterned paper for 2 A2 cards with a 1/8" outside border.
The ephemera pack and stickers have a lot of silver foil in them. This card really shines! I added a few little stars from my stash.
This paper says "Celebration!" I just added a bit of glitter pen on the popped up sentiment.
Thisrainbow card is perfect. I did add some stickle highlights to both ephemera pieces, just because!
I painted stickles on the balloons and added a few tiny iridescent stars. I use a little dollar store paint brush to add stickles this way. These stars are meant to be inside shaker cards, but they are a sweet highlight as an alternative to sequins.
Simple die cut frame, a bit of twine and foam dots to pop the sentiment and image. DONE!
This is another die cut frame with silver ephemera. ❤
I cut this frame out of the patterned paper and put the robot on foam dots. He is feeling festive with his sticker party hat!
For this one, I put the sticker on dark cardstock then fussy cut around it. The edge of the outside cardstock mat got a stickle treatment.
More stickles on the outside of this panel, with a sticker sentiment and a trio of brads to complete the card. 

Thanks for looking at my cards. I know that there are so many possibilities with this line! I haven't even started with the more feminine line, Magical Birthday. All of this is in the Scrapshotz online store right now!

FYI, there is also two card kits in the store using these lines. Fabulous cards and so easy! Check them out here for Birthday Blast and here for Magical Birthday!

Stay safe and well!



No comments: