Thursday, October 17, 2019

Happy October!

Hello Scrap Shotz Friends!

We are now officially half way through October, Halloween is fast approaching with Christmas right on its heels! Our DT member Karla has been sharing some wonderful Halloween projects on her blog in her 13 Days of Halloween series, here's the link if you have not yet seen it :). If you fall in love with something you love please contact Scrap Shotz HERE to let us know what you'd like us to order for you!

I have been playing with a variety of products and I get to share the end results with you here😊.



This card was inspired by the Lawn Fawn Gift Tag Snow Globe die set, it works so beautifully with the smaller Lawn Fawn images from this season and past season stamp sets. This card utilizes the Lawn Fawn Christmas Fishes stamp and die. I used glitter card stock and cherry wood card stock from my stash for the outer globe elements. 

I embossed the white card stock with a WRMK embossing folder and then brushed with Perfect Pearls in perfect pearl to add shine.


Some Studio Katia Clear Drops add more shine to the card.
Next are a couple of shaker tags all on their own...



Here I have use the Lawn Fawn Say What? Christmas Critters for the llama and the Mama Elephant Little Penguin Agenda combined with the Lawn Fawn Snow Globe Gift tag die




Here I have created an 'eclipse card'. I began by stamping the Altenew Modern Pointsettia stamp and heat embossing with Silver detail embossing powder.
After letting the embossing cool I die cut 'Merry Christmas' with a Tonic Studios die. I cut 4 more sentiments from navy card stock and then layered them over each other and under the embossed die cut to create the "eclipse" effect.
I added some red glitter with Stickles Christmas Red after adhering the stacked sentiment.


I will be teaching a Christmas Card Class for Scrap Shotz during the Fall Pop Up Shop and Crop, these are the cards you will create:


An easy watercolour card, 2 floating die cut cards and an 'eclipse'card...all for $25, CARD CLASS HERE click the preceding link to purchase your card class.



No comments: