Friday, October 25, 2019

Four Carta Bella Christmas Market Scrapbook Layouts

Carolyn back again with some Christmas memories to share. We had a huge snow storm in Winnipeg recently so it really wasn't a stretch to be scrapping Christmas layouts. I was so excited to receive the Carta Bella Christmas Market Collection. It is great for cards and layouts and coordinates with collections from previous years. I decided to start by making some long overdue layouts.

Layout #1 - Christmas Memories

I love how this layout turned out. All the tags are cut out from one of the 12 x 12 papers. At first I wanted the tags to all face outward but then the pictures along the bottom would've been upside down. I decided it was more important that they faced upward. The flowers are fussy cut from another paper in the collection. The final touches are pieces of chipboard and a ribbon from my stash.

Layout #2 - Official Christmas Cookie Taste Tester

I found this cut file in the Silhouette Store. I love big titles that have the font style and sizes already selected. I cut the title out of several different papers and glued it to a plain white paper. The edges I scuffed up and tore to add some more interest. The gingerbread man is cardstock from the June kit. I added some stickers from the Carta Bella kit and enamel dots around the page to finish it off.

Layout #3 - Tree Time

This layout came together one piece at a time. I had no vision beforehand. I chose two pictures that I liked and built the page around them. I liked the paper with the trees on it so I used it on the outside and put a less distracting paper in the middle to build the layout. I found another cut file in the Silhouette Store with the trees that had some snow on them. Decorating the trees was the best part. I used puffy stickers and enamel dots. I cut out some "snow" to match the trees and placed it under my title which I cut from a font I liked. Then I filled in the rest of the page with a variety of pieces from the ephemera pack.

Layout #4 - Snow Much Fun

Here is the sketch:
Image may contain: text
This layout came about because I used the October Creative Scrapbooker Magazine sketch as inspiration. The layout of the circles made me think of the cut file from Just Nick that looks like a frosted windowpane. I used a piece of white Bazzill cardstock from the June kit to cut out the shape. I added some chipboard snowflakes to the centers of the patterns. A variety of cardstock, puffy and chipboard stickers finished it off.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

No comments: