Thursday, May 10, 2018

NSD Wrap Up

Hello Scrap Shotz Friends!

I hope everyone was able to enjoy {inter} National Scrapbook Day this past weekend. Scrap Shotz hosted our annual NSD crop in Calgary, kicking it off with the pop up shop Friday evening. There was a lineup 30 minutes prior to opening the doors and the shoppers put a noticeable dent in the product available.

Saturday brought 12 hours of cropping and Virginia inspired many with her beautiful make and takes.   It was a wonderful day spent chatting, eating and laughing with new and old friends. Thank you to everyone who attended the shopping event, Nicole Wright's canvas class and the crop!

This doesn't seem like a proper post without actually sharing a project so here's a card that I created as a sample for the Crop and Create event Scrap Shotz attended.


This card was created using the MFT All Smiles stamp set by myself, DT member Rosie. Here is how it was created:

"This set is comprised of the large smile stamp and various sentiments to pair it with. A stamp positioning tool came in hand for this as I placed a piece colour card stock in my Misti tool, arranged the various sentiment stamps to my liking, stamped with embossing ink and then heat set with white embossing powder. I did this twice as I needed to fill in some areas. I then inked the panel in rainbow order with Distress Inks. The smile was stamped on vellum paper with Versafine onyx ink and heat set with clear embossing powder. I colored the back of the vellum with copic markers similar in color to the inks. The vellum panel is then adhered to the inked background with the Lawn Fawn fundamentals Glue tube. Place the glue behind the black sentiment so it doesn't show through the vellum."

I will be back later this week to share some more samples and very, very soon we'll be seeing fabulous work from our new DT members!



No comments: