Friday, September 15, 2017

Darice: Thanks Embossing Folder


Embossing - it is my weakness, be it dry embossing or heat embossing, I'm completely smitten with its magic!

This month one of the products I am working with is the Darice Thanks Embossing Folder. I never have enough Thank You cards and embossing folders make stunning cards in literally seconds.

For this card, I inserted a chocolate colored piece of card stock into the embossing folder and ran it through my Vagabond. To jazz it up, I brushed Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide ink over the embossed areas and wrapped it with gold quilting thread that was sitting on my desk. Voila! 


Then I decided to apply Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide ink directly to the embossing folder. Here is the resulting card. Again, it was quick and easy to create this thank you card. (I added a few of the 49 Market flowers to spiff up the card.)


As you know, I am smitten with sparkle! So I added foil to my cardstock before using the embossing folder. In the gold foiled example, I used the Minc to adhere the foil before using the embossing folder. With the teal foil, I used the pressure of my Vagabond (or any die cutting machine) to adhere the pieces together. Then I peeled off the top layer leaving the beautiful color on the cardstock.



With the foil in place, I inserted each into the embossing folder and ran it through my Vagabond.


When I removed the teal foil, I noticed a couple of spots where the foil had not adhered fully. I decided to use my fine grit sandpaper and lightly sand various spots on the foiled cardstock. Under the foil was tacky adhesive. To the tacky adhesive, I applied some Elizabeth Craft Glitter Ritz in a warm tone. It adhered easily and leaves a brilliant sparkle and shine.

Here is a close up of the card foiled in gold with my Minc.


And here is a close up of the card foiled in teal using the pressure of my Vagabond.


I hope you were inspired by my projects - if you have any questions, please post in the comments below.

-Virginia

No comments: