Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Fabulous Find: Wendy Vecchi/Studio 490 and DreamWeaver Translucent Embossing Paste

This powerhouse embossing paste has changed my view of embossing. I adore a tone on tone look and I also love a full embossed background to layer accents on. Well, this can be achieved in minutes with the Wendy Vecchi/Studio 490 and/or DreamWeaver Translucent Embossing Paste.

Let me tell you a bit about my experience with this embossing paste. Firstly, it is easy to apply - just use a palette knife and spread a thin coat through a stencil of your choice. I let it air dry for about 5 minutes and then heat the embossing paste. Unlike the Viva Ferro paste, the translucent embossing paste feels somewhat rubbery after being heated and is quite flexible. It also cleans up wonderfully with warm water - no soap for this girl! Then a few passes through my Vagabond with the Wplus9 Happy Trio die and another finished card.


If you would like to take your translucent embossing paste to the next level, sprinkle embossing powder over the translucent embossing paste that you have applied through your stencil. Then heat and add your accents. Here I used the Wplus9 Hand Lettered Hello die, available directly from Sandy.


A quick word...you can skip the silver embossing powder - translucent embossing paste combo by using Wendy Vecchi Silver Embossing Paste, also available directly from Sandy. (Psst...it also comes in Gold Embossing Paste too!)





No comments: