Friday, February 18, 2011

Fabulous Friday - Anything But Challenge

Hello, hello, hello Ladies! On this wonderful Friday, the lovely Ruby has created a fabulous Anything But challenge for us! Here it is...



I have coloured the canvas with 3 shades of dye inks. I found that daubers worked well to do this.  I applied water in a mister over the inked sections of the canvas. The inks started to move around on their own. I let the canvas dry and took a look at the way the ink moved.  Just played with the inks , canvas and water until I liked the result. After the canvas was fully dried, I used the  Unity stamps (Donna Downey)  to apply the designs.  In order to have a firm base  to stamp on , I used the cutting boards from my Cuttlebug for support. The ink  used was Rich Cocoa by Memento. After all my stamping was done, I let the canvas  dry for several days. To finish the canvas, I added embellishments, Ric Rack ribbon and the distressed frame.


Gosh Ruby, this is gorgeous! Thanks for your challenge!