Friday, May 28, 2010

Fabulous Friday - Anything But!!!!

Today we have a Fabulous Friday - Anything But challenge from the lovely Stephanie!

My challenge today is with Origami. I’m sure we’ve all tried it when we were children, and today we are going to make a shirt card for Father’s Day. So here we go:

Cut a piece of lightweight patterned paper to a 4 x 6 ½ rectangle. Chatterbox papers are perfect for this.

Decide which side (if it’s double sided paper) you want to be the outside of your shirt.

Lay the paper with the chosen patterned side down and fold your paper in half along with 6 ½ inch side. Then fold each side into the middle.

Flip your paper over so that the open middle is underneath. Take one end and fold it back about ¼ inch.


Leave this top edge folded back. Flip your paper over so that your open middle is face up and fold the corners of the top ¼ inch folded edge in at an angle. This will create your collar.


Then make a larger fold on the bottom edge so that it folds out. These will be your sleeves.


Then with your open middle still face up, fold the bottom up so that it tucks under your collar (approximately in half).


You should have something that looks like this, with the open edge on the inside.


Decorate your shirt – add buttons, a tie, etc.

Add it on to a card and you have a great Father’s Day card for your husband or Dad!


Thank you Stephanie for the fabulous instructions and the wonderful inspiration! Now...let's see your creations!

7 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh, that is VERY cute! TFS!

Neisey said...

So cute! I wonder if I have any camoflauge paper to make one for my military man.

Jamie V said...

Well, that's too cool!!
Love it!

Rosie said...

That is waaaaay cute and creative!

Anonymous said...

With 3 father's day cards to make, I'll definitely be doing these...quick, easy, impressive.

MidniteScrapper said...

I had to try this as soon as I read it. I now have a perfect little shirt made out of my grocery list pad... Hey, it was handy! It turned out great, it even has a bit of bulk like a real shirt would. What a great idea, I will have to make one of these for a card or LO. Great instructions, TFS!!

maggie Fernandes said...

That is adorable.... I tried it out and made half a dozen or so.. Now I am ready to make a bunch of daddy day cards..