Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Thankful


Hi everyone! My name is Laura Petley and I'm one of the newest members of The Creative Team here at Scrap Shotz. Let's just say I'm pretty ecstatic and honored to be part of such an amazing group of ladies. This may sound a little dorky, but boy did I get excited the first time I saw my layouts on the slide show!

Just a little something about myself. I live in Calgary, Alberta with my family - my very supportive husband Dan, my 2 amazing kids Sam and Megan, and of course, our very spoiled pup Chutney. I absolutely love scrapbooking and feel so fortunate to have found this hobby. I even tend to get a little giddy when discussing it I'm sure! I've been scrapbooking for about 10 years and I'd have to say that over those years I've gone from scrapbooking to preserve family memories to scrapbooking for a creative outlet. Yes, the memories are still very important to me, but I truly love to just create and play. There are so many beautiful products out there and techniques to try, I honestly don't think I could ever get bored of this hobby.

As we all know Thanksgiving is just around the corner. It's a time of year to give thanks for all the wonderful blessings in our lives. I think as scrapbookers, we tend to do that continuously throughout the year. For myself, scrapbooking has made me stop to reflect on those little moments, to capture feelings in my layouts and to often journal from the heart. Something I don't do as often is let certain people know just how much they mean to me. I have plenty of layouts of my children and feel that if something should happen to me tomorrow, by reading through their scrapbooks, they would know how deeply I loved and cared for them. My husband on the other hand has very few pages dedicated to him. Do I love him any less? Of course not - he's my soul-mate and love of my life. I've decided this Thanksgiving I'm going to make my husband a mini-album and let him know how thankful I am. The inside pages are a little too sappy to share here and I'm sure my hubby would be utterly embarrassed if I did, but I hope I've inspired you to let that certain someone know just how grateful you are. Whoever it is, make a card, layout or album and share your feelings. If you have a chance, post them in the Scrap Shotz gallery - I'd love to see your creations too!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great getting to know you better Laura! Your mini album for your husband is a great idea,I'm sure he'll appreciate it! Beautiful projects you did with the kits this month too!
~Amber

Jen said...

What a fabulous gift for your husband, I'm sure he will treasure it! It's so nice getting to read more about you!!

Jen

Anonymous said...

What a lovely gift for your husband Laura. Nice to learn a little more about you.

Nonie said...

Nice to learn a bit more about your Laura. Love the little album, I'm sure he'll love it.

Virginia said...

That is just the cutest album Laura! And your hubbie I am sure will love it! Thanks for reminding us why we all started this obsessive and relaxing and creative hobby!

P.S. It was so fun to spend the day with you at the Trade Show!

Jess said...

So glad to have you on the team! Nice to get a little better glimpse into your life too! What a gorgeous album...and a great sentiment!

Anonymous said...

Great little mini album! Nice to have learned a little more about you. Welcome to the SSZ DT.