Monday, February 26, 2024

49 and Market Vintage Artistry Moonlit Garden

The 49 and Market - Vintage Artistry, Moonlit Garden is on my scrapppy desk these days thanks to Scrap Shotz happy mail and I am loving it!

The beautifully muted tones of this collection and the diversity of the embellishments make this set so easy to use for all kinds of memories. I used it for pics of my niece, an eve at the beer garden, and even hiking so far!  

Today, I am sharing layouts I made using the 12x12 Collection Pack,   Filmstrip FramesChipboard BitsPostage Washi Tape, and Ephemera Bits. There a few items from my stash too amongst these new goodies. 


Monochromatic Inspired 


For my first layout, I was drawn to the green in the collection so leaned into a monochromatic design. 

To add a touch more green to the background and an anchor for my photo, I squeezed some Tonic - Nuvo Crystal Drops in Bottle Green  across the page and used a spatula to spread it out in a messy square. Once that dried, I added some texture to the page with a Vicki Boutin stencil and black The Crafter’s Workshop - Stencil Butter. A few splatters in black finished it off the background.  

From there, I grabbed a few of the Filmstrips and laid those across the green square I made. I dropped my 4x6 photo down in the middle backed with a few collection papers on foam dots. I then reached for all the green leaves (from the embellishments or fussy cut) and added those in and around the filmstrips and photo - I added a few 49 and Market rub on leaves from my stash too.  



To finish off the layout, I added in a few more of the embellishments here and there - including the title family. I love how the different phrases and words across the matching packs nestle into one another. 


Double Page Layout for the Win


I love a double page layout - the impact they have when flipping through memories in an album is amazing and this collection deserved that kind of impact! I went with a grid pattern of small 2x3 photos centre of the spread and then used full size 4x6 photos with a bunch of embellishments as layout book ends. 

To start, I cut down that light pattern paper in the centre and added some journal pen stitching, some touches of stencil using Distress Ink Weather Wood, a few rub ons from my stash of 49 and Market, some Picket Fence Studios stamps and finally black splatters. I backed each of the photos with a coordinating pattern paper before adhering them down. I added a strip of another pattern (with black journalling pen stitches on the outside) to each outside edge for a little more texture. 

Next, I worked on the background. I started by rubbing the edges of that fantastic black/white pattern in Distress Ink, Bundled Sage and Distress Oxide, Crushed Olive. I added a few patterns behind my feature 4x6 photos before adhering them down to each side of the grid. 


Then it was all about adding embellishments! I added a circle cascade, some film strips and frames to each side for balance. Then a few more touches, including the title ‘Dreamer’ on the left and the tickets tucked into the grid photos from the Ephemera Bits pack. I used one of the chipboard frames right in the photo to showcase my sister hiking through a trail turned very long puddle in the Scottish rain! 


I will be back to share more soon - so many possibilities with this amazing collection! I am reaching for cute toddler photos and, of course, more hiking photos next! 





1 comment:

soniapm91 said...

Hi Brande! OMG I am so in love with your one page layout! You are so incredibly creative. Is the Next time drinks on me a stamp? If so, can you please share where you got it? Also, can you please let me know what other stamps you used. I have to try to scrap lift this beautiful layout! Thanks for your time. You can email me at sonia@mcallenlawfirm.com. Thanks again!

Sonia Maupin