Thursday, August 17, 2023

More Scrapbook Layouts & Pocket Pages with Simple Stories Trail Mix!

Hello friends! Karla back again today with four MORE fun layouts using the awesome Simple Stories Trail Mix collection! If you missed Monday's post with the first four layouts and a video created with the same supplies, be sure to check that out HERE! For the first layout I used the fun background paper that reminds me of flash cards, above and below my photos. 


I added in some Bazzil Cardstock in a matching colour and matted my photos with the Fall Color Vibe 6x8 Paper Pad. I created a pocket in the photo on left and used the cut apart journaling library card as a piece that can be pulled out. Last year we decided to recreate a photo (the OG!) from 2018 with all the kiddos from our yearly camping trip. I used some Simple Stories Color Vibe alpha stickers on the top of this card.


I used the foam stickers along with various stickers and ephemera from the collection and embellished with The Robin's Nest Dew Drops.


Next, I created a pocket page documenting our meals in the shelter at the campground.


I used some of the 4x6 and 3x4 cut apart cards to tuck into my pockets.


Then I layered stickers and tags to finish it off.


I turned over the pocket page and filled the backside with more photos and embellishments.


When I'm creating a pocket page I normally add the photos I want to be on the page and then decorate around them.


I chose the nature cards and images for this page and added a friends chipboard sticker.


Lastly, I created a page using more of the reds and browns from the collection.


I added various strips of the left over papers and some splatters with Tim Holtz Mica Spray for a few shiny splatters! 


I added in some stenciling with the Tim Holtz Brush Hex Stencil from the mini 3 pack and Distress Oxide Ink. I added in some more of the The Robin's Nest Dew Drops to finish off the layout! 


I can't believe I made 8 layouts in the last few days using this Simple Stories Trail Mix collection! I still have a few more things left in the collection and I already have plans for them ;) 

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a happy crafty day!

PS. Don't forget to stop by the Scrap Shotz Facebook Page at 1 pm MT on Thursday for a fun LIVE Demo - every week!! 



No comments: