Sunday, January 2, 2022

Creating With The December Kit!

Hello friends! Karla here today with a look at THREE projects from the December Kit Club!! If you haven't heard of the famous Scrap Shotz Kit Club you can check it out HERE. December sold out in record time, so if you want to be sure to get a monthly kit full of creative goodies be sure to sign up as soon as they arrive in January. As well as receiving a beautifully curated kit, you will have first access to the beautiful Add-Ons, at a discount! And, one more fantastic benefit of getting all those gorgeous goodies is that you'll get inspiration to use them right here on our blog each month! Today I'm sharing three different projects using the December Kit. If you weren't able to snag one though, and you love this line, be sure to check the store for the Simple Vintage Weathered Garden Collection


There are so many occasions this line would work for, and for this first layout I'm using photos from a dinner out we had in November with family. I was able to use TEN photos on this page by collaging them in the Project Life app and printing with my Canon Selphy printer onto two 4x6 photos. I started off by taking the first four photos, which were printed as 2x3's, and positioning them into a photo strip. I then used some of my own orange cardstock to mat the photos and used the green cardstock from the kit as a second layer. 


I cut a 5" strip of the green gingham paper and adhered it to the left side of the white cardstock from the kit. This kit had 6 pieces of cardstock that coordinate perfectly with the beautiful papers in the Simple Vintage Weathered Garden Collection. 


I then matted the six 2x2" photos and cut five more 2x2" pieces of patterned paper to form a grid for the right of the page. 


I added a journaling card cut from the cut apart paper to the bottom right and placed the title on using the Foam Sticker words.


Here's a look at the completed layout with closeups using all the elements from the December Kit!





You can see exactly what is included in the December Kit in this Facebook Live Video-

For the second layout I'm using one of the beautiful printed papers as my background and the Creative Scrapbooker December Sketchy Challenge from the CSM Sketchy Facebook Group. If you are part of the Creative Scrapbooker VIP Club, you'll find a live video where we put this together in the December Zoom Crop archived in the VIP Facebook Group! It was a fun time!! (PS it's at 2h 53m if you're looking to rewatch the projects I created - and you will only be able to view it if you're a member of the VIP club)


I used the Vicki Boutin Bountiful Fernwood Stencil to add colour to the background and combined stickers from the Combo Sticker Sheet and Foam Stickers to create a title. I fussy cut one of the 4x4 cut aparts and added the doily with flowers and a butterfly to the top of the photo of my husband and me on a fall walk.


I layered my photos on some of the kraft cardstock that was included with the kit and added butterfly elements and stickers to the page.


You can see how well the neutral colours in the kit would match so many different photo occasions!


The third project created with the kit was also made live in the VIP Zoom Crop (see details above). For these tags I used Distress Collage Medium to adhere various elements from the Ephemera and sticker book in the Kit. 


I then blended several colours of the Distress Mica Crayons on the background and used a stencil and wipe to remove colour for a negative effect. 


I coloured in the butterfly ephemera with the crayons and popped them up, adding some pretty sequins and seam binding ribbon again coloured with the coordinating crayon colours. 


Thanks so much for stopping by! Be sure to check out all the info on our fabulous Kit Club HERE! The December Kit is now sold out, but January will soon be available, so watch for it and sign up so you don't miss out! Don't forget to set your reminders for our Thursday Facebook Lives as well! Every Thursday at 1 pm MST we are live to share projects and new products arriving in the shop. You can find all the past projects and live videos HERE.  

Big Hugs and Crafty Wishes for a very happy 2022!!



No comments: